Saturday, November 1, 2008

Aidells Sausage is the Antichrist


So the other day I'm at the grocery store and I'm perusing the fine selection of bacon, sausage, links, brats and my eyes do a double-take when they scan across Aidell's Chicken & Apple Sausage. I thought to myself, "surely this is a mistake"; maybe they're just saying it has some apple flavoring (still gross) or was smoked with apple wood (yum!). NOPE! It was a literal reference to some chicken sausage with chopped up apples. So I do a search online and sure enough, here's the website: http://www.aidells.com/sausages/descriptions/

I don't want to say it gets worse because Chicken and Apple sausage is an abomination, but here are some additional freakish creations from Aidell:
Apricot Ginger Breakfast Links
Mango Sausage
Mango Breakfast Links
Spicy Mango and Jalepeno Sausage
Teriyaki and Pineapple Meatballs

They actually have some other decent looking sausages but I cannot go out in good conscience and purchase any of their other products because in a way that would be endorsing their immoral combinations of fruits and sausage.

Anyone actually tried this crap? Wait, here's a better question: Does anyone actually like this crap?! I can understand if you make a mistake and buy some or you're in college in that whole "experimenting" phase. But if you're buying this because you like it? Shame on you. Shame, Shame, Shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment