Monday, July 27, 2009

Hawaiian Rolls are NOT exotic!

You want to know the fastest way to ruin a dinner roll? Add some sugar! What's the big deal about Hawaiian Rolls anyway? Do you really think that the Hawaiian's like this crap? I guarantee you they don't serve Hawaiian rolls at a traditional luau! The last thing I'm thinking about eating with my pig and poi is a sweet roll.

I know I talk a lot about my mom's cooking which was awesome 80% of time, but the other 20% comes from serving up violations like carrot raisin puke (see post below if you need a good cry) and King's Hawaiian Rolls with our Sunday roast, mashed potatoes, and gravy. I'm not going to sop up my gravy with that! You don't sop up vanilla pudding with jalapeno garlic toast do you? Tell you what; next time you have some gravy with your meal invite me over and I'll bring some oreos for you to dunk. Don't try to act like you'd do it either just for the sake of arguing.

Stop lying to yourself!


  1. I have to point out, brother, that we only had Hawaiian rolls when Uncle Wayne or company was coming to dinner. When it was just us, it was plain ol' sliced white bread! ;-)

  2. You are insane. Using these with a salty thin ground meat for sliders is terrific.